Intro Free Diving
PFI INTRODUCTION TO FREEDIVING
This experience is a non-certification program designed to give participants a taste of what freediver training is all about. Participants will learn the basics about freediving with limited depth, time and distance.
Who this experience is for:
This curriculum is great for individuals or groups that want to experience the sport of freediving but don’t want to commit the time and money to a full course. This course may also be used as a team building challenge for groups. By the end of this experience, they can feel assured in their abilities to overcome difficulties, or make a better-informed decision if freediving is the right choice. This course does not provide a certification.
• Minimum age 16 years, or 10 years with parent or guardian
• Comfortable in the water
What you can expect to learn:
• History of freediving
• Why freedive?
• Equipment overview for freediving
• Introduction to in-water environment
• Physics and physiology of freediving
• Safety and problem management
• In-water skills introduction
PFI Introduction to Freediving Experience minimum course requirements:
• Satisfactorily complete the PFI Introduction to Freediving Experience Knowledge Reviews and final exam with a passing score of 80%, followed by 100% remediation by the Instructor
• Complete all open water requirements efficiently
• Form mature and sound judgment regarding dive planning and execution
Check our latest
Narrated by Lloyd Bridges, SCUBA features Grand Cayman underwater in 1973 Long time friend and fellow diver Brooks Fleig shot […]
Originally built for the US Army Transportation Corps, the FS-217 left it’s dry dock at Higgins Industries in New Orleans […]
Try and imagine the most perfect, adaptive, invasive organism. An organism that can invade a host and reek havoc on […]
The ABC’s of Diving and Recreational Scuba Diving Here it is, in all it’s glory, our alphabetical list of important […]